2013 New exterior and interior features for Show Season..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> PICTURE GALLERY OF HIGH END TOP FINISHES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: 2013 New exterior and interior features for Show Season.. Reply with quote

Hello Friends,
I will be loading photos all day and for the next week, so check back...

I have decided, that while colours are a blatant rip-off of the unsuspecting Public because it grossly heats up the interior of the van, our tests have shown that Silver is manageable. Other Brands are content to flog things to the naive Public, that is NOT in their best interests, and we will not lower ourselves to that mean level. However, due to demand, we will go as far as a Pearl Silver. This is the first, and we will not actually reproduce it, instead going two shades lighter yet to more of a reflective silver.. "In Your Best Interests". Other colours are just wrong and will ruin the Lifestyle with too much heat to even be overcome by the air conditioning.

Here it is on the weighbridge, a 21' Family Bushtracker with a lot of luxury, at 2880 kg.

We will post interior pictures of it, when there is better light. This was on a rainy day but shows the downside of it being a tad darker than I want..

Other features we will debut this year, include new cabinet doors. They will still be in solid hardwood so you can refinish them, not the cheapo synthetic material coated doors others use, we will still use the solid timber so you can re-new the finish with a light sand and two minute dry matt lacquer.

Further, we will have fridges at this years Show with a Factory Silver finish, and and note the concealed hinges on the cabinet doors... Wink

Last edited by Bushtracker on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:06 am; edited 2 times in total
steveor

State:: NSW
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed !

+ whilst I think the white has always looked good - I like the silver very much
mattkurvink
Site Admin

State:: QLD
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few interior photos of the 20 foot van on display at this years shows (Melbourne / Sydney / Brisbane):

Looking forward:

Kitchen with stove / oven / grill and built in microwave:

Overhead cabinets (note the hidden hinges):

Full queen size island bed:

Full queen size island bed:

Café dining with large dining table in place:

Fridge and pantry (note the new silver fridge):

Looking from the entry and the fridge / pantry and the café dining:

Separate shower and toilet:

Vanity and toilet:

Shower recess:

Looking forward in the van from the ensuite:

Café dining with optional 'coffee table' in place:

Storage drawer under 'coffee table':

Pantry storage:

Café dining with 'coffee table':

Optional laminate bench edging:

Kitchen (note stainless look laminate splash back):

Kitchen LED lighting:

Looking back in the van from the bedroom:

Top load washing machine:

Last edited by mattkurvink on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
mattkurvink
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few interior photos of the 21 foot family van on display at this years shows (Melbourne / Sydney / Brisbane):

Looking back:

Cafe dining:

Looking forward:

Kitchen looking forward:

Kitchen looking back:

Kitchen cupboards (note the new flat panel door):

Dometic 190L 3 way fridge & double bunk beds:

Bunk beds, full height cupboard & bathroom door (note the tinted & frosted door):

Inside the bathroom, toilet & vanity:

Inside the bathroom, shower cubicle:

Rear full height storage:

Overhead cupboards (note the hidden hinges and new flat panel doors):

Kitchen LED lighting:

Cafe dining with LED lighting:

Island bed with storage underneath:

Looking back:

Pantry drawer storage under bench return:

Dometic 190L 3 way fridge:

Dometic 190L 3 way fridge:
rover

State:: SA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,
I am more than happy with the way my 1 year old Bushtracker looks and is furnished inside. I particularly like the fact that up until now all Bushtrackers have the same distinctive external appearance that sets them apart from the rest. I personally think that the coloured cladding used by the likes of Coromal and Kedron is very unappealing. I am surprised you are about to alter what is fundamentally your "brand". After all "if it aint't busted, don't mess with it" as they say. My opinion for what it's worth.

rover
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rover
Unfortunately, the other so called Off Road Manufacturers cannot build to our level of quality, and they rely on selling "fashion" over function. They prey on the poor unsuspecting Public at the Shows with fashion bling. I don't really want to build with silver cladding, but I do want people to pause and get the chance to learn what quality really is, instead of just falling for an inferior product from someone else just because they display some "Better Homes and Gardens" fashion bling.

We will try and talk them out of putting fashion over function, but we have to show them some of the cosmetic bling to get the chance. Unfortunately, other builders are content to suck them in and flog off an inferior caravan, taking advantage of the inexperience of the general Public. We have to attract them in, to get the chance to show them what real quality is. Then maybe we can have the opportunity to expose some of the Show sizzle and show them the real quality that makes Bushtracker Number One!

Thank you for your comments,
Kind regards, Bushtracker
Braggy

Current Bushtracker owner:: Ordered
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The darker colours are OK if your into snow skiing and trout fishing or winter travel in the south

Cheers Ken
bobrovin

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Silver MAY look ok BUT those brown vans look like crap. Cant see how anyone could like that colour. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Stick with the White, it may be common but still looks classy Wink
kalmwaters

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Bob, any colour you like as long as it is white.
Loki of Condor

State:: WA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe seeing is believing.

A friend of mine has his new BT on order and was happy to delay delivery in order to get the silver finish after he had seen it in the flesh.
D&T

State:: Euphoric
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was asked in San Fran when booking a rental Mustang (bucket list!) if I wanted a red or white one to which I responded "do they make a white one?" And if a Ferrari is painted red, white or yellow, it's still a Ferrari. Then you look at the Porsche 911 which has barely changed over the years. What does all this mean?...........buggered if I know really!

On the flat panel doors, I love 'em, especially in the 21 footer. Going to have that in ours along with the laminate edging. Sometimes all that is required to keep something fresh are subtle changes. Also helps, I imagine, in retaining the value of older vans.

On the colour, well, I'm glad up until now there has only been one choice because if there had of been more choice I may very well have found myself towing a lime green BT!!!

I understand why BT don't offer more colour but if someone really wanted something out of the box and was prepared to pay for it then so be it. If it's explained to them that it's going to be a warmer van etc and they still go with it then they can wear the consequence.......but a month later when the A/C isn't cutting it, it will be BT's fault.

Personally, I want a cool reliable van.

Cheers
Richard
Intrepid Travellers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Awning Reply with quote

Steve

Any chance you can influence Dometic in their colour selection of the Power Awning fabric as the dark bands in the fabric absorb the heat making it a lot hotter under awning on a hot Australian Summer's day.

Ajay and Fletch

State:: Vic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully concur with the opinion of the previous correspondent. The dark colours do not assist in keeping one cool.

Regards
Condinup

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
I feel that the white is part of the Bushtracker branding as such, same shape, same look, same colour.
I am sure the grey will show the scratches real bad as well, bit like a white car compared to the rest. All show scratches badly except for white.
Personal choice thou I guess.
Good to see the little improvements.
re
mg
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate all of the comments.. Thank you.

Probably though. on some of you thinking we could be influencing Dometic on colours? It would be lke an ant sitting on the back of an elephant, shifting his weight from one leg to the other, trying to steer the elephant. Laughing Our percentage of their overall sales are just that small, the elephant cannot even begin to hear the directions of the ant.. Laughing Laughing

Here is another picture of the silver van in route to the Melbourne Show.. I will try and get a picture of the white and the silver ones together..

Trish & Adrian

State:: N.S.W
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: White VS colour Reply with quote

Hi All
I was interested to see the new silver colour released and read the comments.

Personally I love the sameness of the BT colours and appreciate the coolness of the interior even after sitting in the sun all day long.

A friend of mine recently purchased a brand new full time mobile home, made in Melbourne, starts with a P, ends with a mount. 24 foot of luxury van, black chassis, black checkerplate bottom 60cm then grey metalic aluminium cladding. I was keen to check it out as they were staying at the local caravan park, their site was about 50 mtrs from the ocean and there had been a pleasant nor easter blowing all arvo, max temp had been 24c. Fair enough the door had been closed but all the windows were half open and the awning rolled out. Let the grand tour begin, I couldnt believe the heat that hit me when I entered the van, maybee the insulation wasnt that great but it was over 30c inside that thing. I wouldnt like to think what its going to be like on a hot day.

Like I said I love the white! Wink

Whats not to love about a Bushtracker
dublediff

State:: VICTORIA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: dublediff Reply with quote

I am amazed. I was at the Melbourne show and did not notice the silver van. Love the new cabinets with flush panels, love the quality...love the wife because she converted to bt so easily having seen one for the first time. BT is the bucket list...great to hear about the larger factory..won't have so many sleeps between order and delivery!!!!
D&T

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the silver van at the Bushtracker factory under cover along with many other white vans on my one visit. At that time I wasn't really focused on it as I was preoccupied with interiors.

I have just bumped into the first silver van produced for a customer, in Paraburdoo, and I have to say that van looks classy. There is no diminishing of the BT brand as it was recognisable from a long distance and stood out amongst the other vans that had been travelling through.

The owners stated that it did not feel warmer than the white (there were two couples travelling together, the second in a white BT). I won't speak on their behalf because only they will truly know.

While I won't change from white, I don't believe that colour will affect the branding at all. It may even enhance it.

A great couple of couples and I thank them for their advice and opinions as I do the last two BT owning couples that I have caught up with travelling through Newman, one with the old steel sided van before the checker plate.

Might change my user name to 'Stalker'

Cheers
Richard
Loki of Condor

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the silver van have a pet cat?
Devils On The Prowl

State:: Tas
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm.....I'm of two minds here. I also am a great believer, that if it ain't broke etc.
I would need to spend some time to touch, feel, & smell, the new colour to make a decision.
Bit hard from the photo with all that shade on the van.
Is it the new colour or is that 'A' Frame extra, extra, loonnnggggg....
Condinup

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like new outside lights as well?
Peter Thomson

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have had my new Silver BT for about 8 weeks and on the three occasions I have been away (3 weekends) it has attracted very positive attention.
D&T

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Loki, not sure if they had a cat but I know you know them. They mentioned you in a positive light.

I think I have driven Philip around the twist with endless changes and then changing back so I will start on Matt now. Having seen the van in Paraburdoo and now seeing Peter's I will have to make some minor changes to ours.....will still be white though.

Devils, I wish I had the chance to get over to BT more than once and do some more research. Our preparation has not been ideal even though we've had nine months. Highly recommend touch, feeling, smelling as much as possible to get what you want although I'm very happy with what we've got.....so far!

Here goes!
Trailblazers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

Nice looking van. Have just come back from our factory tour (13/6/13) and got to see a few variety of vans giving us ideas for our wishlist. I am interested in the configuration you have on your A-Frame...namely your checker-plate box and your stoneguard and how you have it attached. It looks like it is not attached to the caravan, but the A-Frame some-how. Is that correct and if so how is it done or maybe you could post some photos.

Cheers

Shane
surfy53

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one really cool van Peter.
Chris.
D&T

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

Are those lights on the side of the van the white and yellow combo LEDs? If so, how do you rate them?

Cheers
Richard
Peter Thomson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shane,
Yes that box is made locally and he also modifies the stone guard. It is an expensive option and may be a bit heavy for those with a weight issue.

Regards,

Pete
Peter Thomson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard,

Yes those are the new combo lights. I was a bit sceptical before I used them but for us they work very well. There is plenty of light provided you don't expect too much beyond the awning when it is deployed. The yellow certainly works well, adequate light and very few bugs.

regards,

Pete
cadent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the yellow LED lights at the Brisbane show, they are good.

Regarding the caravan color..I like the traditional white, and as an older B/T (2002) van owner..why shouldn't I... Wink

In the future, as a new B/T owner, I will like the choice and eventual acceptance of some individuality on external color choice. Cool
Trailblazers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the reply.

What is the design for your box? Is it just a larger gennie stowage box or a multi-use box for gennie & storage capability. And those bars on the top of the box, what is their purpose? Expensive option???($$$approx) + Weight (KG's...approx).

Can you explain in a little more detail how he modifies the stone guard and how its attached to the A-frame?

Cheers
Peter Thomson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The box on my van is not an official Bushtracker product and the mods to the stone guard etc. are not Bushtracker mods.
It might be better if you contacted Jamie at South East Stainless direct and asked him for more detail. He can give you specific costs, weights and fitting details. Tel: 07 5445 3644.

Kind regards,

Pete
Trailblazers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pete,

Sorry to be a pest.
grafi

State:: Qld
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Silver Cladding Reply with quote

Hi,

I love the silver and would definitely buy the bush tracker in this colour as long as it did not impact on the insulation capability and functioning of the AC. I think you would be right on the money with just lightening the shade one of two steps and it would be spot on.
Gives the buyer a choice at least, and you are still staying true to your ethos.

Cheers
Graham
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> PICTURE GALLERY OF HIGH END TOP FINISHES All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: