A FEW NOTES ON REGISTERING AND USING THIS FORUM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: A FEW NOTES ON REGISTERING AND USING THIS FORUM Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

If you are an Owner, and Register as an Owner, to get into the Owners Section you have to Register with the VIN number of your Bushtracker for verification. If you Registered, but cannot get into the Owners Section that is the single most common problem. Wink

To rectify this, go to your Registration Details and enter the VIN number of your Bushtracker. Then send an Email to Bushtracker with your User Name and what you have done. I will personally enter the program and manually admit you then, and send you confirmation...

If you are not a Owner, sorry, but there are Owners secret tracks and travel logs, and secret camping spots that they want to keep to the Owners. Further, there is Proprietary information and R&D and all sorts of tricks and tips to be kept to the Owners. As it is, the other so call Off-road vans ALL Copy our style. After almost 19 years, yes: We are the first and best, and it is a compliment that they try and copy us, but we do not want to make their R&D any easier. Let them do it for themselves.. Wink Exclamation

The Forum is getting quite large, and many of you do not utilize the SEARCH engine effectively...

For example, once a fortnight I get an email on something like what wheel bearing sizes.. If you just type in WHEEL BEARINGS in the Search Engine, and leave it SEARCH FOR ANY TERMS.. You come up with 501 HITS ! That is near useless to you as it is PAGES OF LOOKING FOR THE SIZES...

Example of how to do it correctly: Be more selective and tick the button SEARCH FOR ALL TERMS and away you go.. As a test, just now I wrote in WHEEL BEARING SIZES and selected SEARCH FOR ALL TERMS, (the selection below it) tick that one and it only came up with 3 Posts and the first one was BEARING AND SEAL NUMBERS.... Updated Advice on Seal 3/10

Just learn to be more specific and instead of the generic search for ANY TERMS you greatly narrow down the field when you be more specific with the SEARCH FOR ALL TERMS… That narrowed down the responses from 501 to only 3...

You learn to use it, and it is your single biggest asset. I cannot keep giving you the fish, as there are too many Owners emailing me for the easy answer, and it will take me as long as yourselves to look it up... I need to teach you how to fish..

Kind regards, Director, the Bushtracker Man...
maccasam

State:: W.A
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Registration Reply with quote

Hi Bushtracker

We have updated our profile and included the VIN number Smile Just double checking you have received our email as we still cant access the Owners forum. We are doing a trip over east from WA end of Jan and very keen to pick other owners brains on where we can take our van

Cheers

Sam Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: