Country Hospitality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grumblebum and the Dragon

State:: Qld/NSW
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Country Hospitality Reply with quote

We have been parked up at the Showgrounds in Manildra - about 40K west of Orange NSW. Population is less than 500 and most of them are employed at the flour mill in town plus a few retirees and an even lessor number of miscreant dole bludgers or so I am told. It is the largest flourmill in the southern hemisphere and processes 2800 tonnes of wheat a day.

The showgrounds here are run by a bunch of local volunteers and is kept in very good order. Best toilet and shower facilities we have seen anywhere and the volunteers seem to be a very friendly and motivated mob. All this for $15 a night with power and wood supplied.

We had been scouting the district for a place to spend Christmas and enjoy a nice Christmas meal somewhere. Whilst supporting the local coffee shop and reading the papers outside we were approached by a very pleasant lady, who after introducing herself asked if we were the couple staying at the Showgrounds? We replied and she then invited us to share Christmas lunch with her and her husband..... who, it turns out is one of the volunteers at the Showgrounds.

How nice is that.... Country hospitality for you! The Manager of the Bowling Club also stopped by for a chat. He had only briefly met us once when we popped into the Club for a beer. Lovely people and an excellent lunch.

It would rarely happen in the Big Smoke.

Grumpy? Whose's grumpy - not the Dragon!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: