DIRECTORS OWN 21' DISPLAY VAN, NOW LISTED (SOLD)...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> NEW BUSHTRACKERS FOR SALE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: DIRECTORS OWN 21' DISPLAY VAN, NOW LISTED (SOLD)... Reply with quote

This new Bushtracker is my current choice. It is only 21', but I have loaded an incredible amount of gear into it, and built as big of a Bushtracker as you can do in 21'. Why only 21'? My Wife is a Yachtie and the coastal caravan parks are all very old and restricted to smaller caravans.. In our experience about 21' is the maximum and still get in.. So 21' it is. You will see it first hand in the Brisbane Show. I am using it as a Demonstrator to test some of the new equipment and ideas...

It has the new Air Suspension, unique because of the level ride self-adjusting ride height with a metering valve.

I have gone for our more conventional most popular layout, for all the right reasons. I am becoming one of you Owners, travelling with my new Bushtracker more. I like the white walls, but more of the wood cabinetry, and I like the marble look on the counters. Bulkheads are pure laminex, cleanable and durable.. Leather upholstery, green perspex in overheads and rear ensuite door..

My layout is fairly conventional to our most popular layout, but I have added a 100 mm to the ensuite, and high quality appointments like Pantry and racks...

It has the high quality finish of Italian fiberglass over our normal very strong frame.. Not the Sales Gimmick foam core panel that has little structural value, this is over our standard frame, the strongest in the Industry, structural bulkheads and all…

I have gone for the front door, as there is nothing in that wall anyway, and it gives about 800 mm more cabinetry in the rear of the van where the door would normally be.. My Wife has a knee that plays up, that this is our new power step as it goes down lower. Look, I would not want to have it in a rear door layout, as it would be too exposed when backing up in tall grass or bottoming out in tough 4x4. However, with care, it is reasonable in the front door layout.

I have chosen a 250 litre fridge freezer, in stainless, that has a 70 litre drawer freezer down below. These run as independent units, each with their own Danfoss compressor drive unit, with a condensing radiator and muffin fan.

We have made an opening door to improve the efficiency when stopped. Both the compressors have their own controls and their own muffin fan radiator condenser unit, and by opening this up it improves the efficiency.

Next to the fridge, I have a double pantry slide out with heavy duty racks, these are about the best I have found and pretty popular:

I am also trialing an 8 kg proper washing machine, that turns into a 4 kg dryer, and a door to the outside to get the heat and moisture out. In the Big Rigs and Mega-Yacht Bushtrackers this could be an attractive proposition if it survives the harder travel... And I always wanted a big hanging coat locker, both of these are where the rear door would have been...

To operate it as a dryer, you open this outside door to get the heat and moisture out..

Microwave is built in, all and all pretty conventional, only a little more power with the big fridge/freezer and a smaller drink fridge in the slide out kitchen. It is not finished yet, I will add photos of it in due course with reports on how things are going.

The front of the van is subject to my latest invention shown here on the Forum, “Bushtracking Made Easier..” Easy roll off tyres, easy run slide out generator, easy gas bottle access in sliding gas proof vented locker....

This has not even been cleaned and washed yet. Also, a cloudy and dark day dulls the colours. This is just a sneak preview and there will be more on it, with better pictures, as it is finished OK?

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, Director, Bushtracker
Very Happy

Last edited by Bushtracker on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, my van is heavy...
It is heavy because I have about 300 kg of extra toys on board to demonstrate our range of Options... And I have to field test them so this is a Demonstrator Van that I will use to test the options in real field conditions.

Here is another one: A Slide out kitchen with a drawer fridge.

The drawer fridge is on the outside, so you can use it without pulling out the whole kitchen:

The whole thing out, makes for very nice outdoor living, BBQ, and a sink..
I mean I would rather cook over a fire, but in fire danger area this is really nice and easy..

There is room for chairs on top, and I will probably put a thin cutting board on the top of the stainless in laminex.. Outdoor living in luxury. Thought you might like to see some of these options in more detail...

See you on the road, maybe my first night out in it tonight.. ! Wink
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few pictures of this Show Van in Dalby, for the NRHA Breeders Cup and Stockman's Challenge: Stainless roll out kitchen and drawer fridge..

And while this is over the top, I like my fresh ground coffee and this machine is a treat to use. It lives in a coat locker to be put out on the Lifestyle Table when parked up. I plug it into the power point in the AV locker.. Wink

And Owners, when you Awning material needs replacing, I could not bring myself to throw these out so I have a few of them. What a great floor. Mind you very stiff until it warms up in the sun, then it lays flat and can be swept off.. A good use for an old awning...

Anyway, I have gone up north, then inland to central Queensland to visit some Stations, 4600 km trip. If you would like me discuss the latest innovations in this Bushtracker, email your contact details to sales@bushtracker.com.. But I have reports on most of it in the Owners Section... Here it is in Croc country in FNQ where an 18'er was reportedly living..

All in all, from the Air Suspension, to the Fibreglass exterior, I am impressed with the performance of EVERYTHING I put in this Bushtracker. I mean there is not really a single failure. There are a things to talk about, like the new catches might now be for everyone, but I have more comments on all the gear in the Categories TIPS ON BUILDING YOUR NEW BUSHTRACKER, and the RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AND NEW GEAR COMING ON LINE... Overall, I like everything, it all worked out well. Have a read in the Owners Section..

Kind regards, and in "Your Best Interests".. Steven Gibbs, Director, Bushtracker,
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Bushtracker has a whole revolution in updates and new ideas to make things easier.. Here is another Modification, for the larger generators to run in place:

It is a flush mounted hatch, you can hardly see it when closed up, so here it is shown in the open position. Exhaust out easy, and service easy. When closed it is locked from the inside, you can hardly see the hatch itself..

It is pattern matched and flush with the surface, and allows easy access to the back of the generator, plus exhaust gas outlet...

More to come..
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

Well, I do love this van... However, due to personal Family issues, I will not be having time to use this great van for the rest of this year.

It is a shame to let it sit. This Bushtracker is a bit extreme, not the most expensive one ever built for sure, but up there. It has everything we offer and more, Oyster Satellite Dish, power awning, power steps, it has the works... Replacement costs with the whole list is $185,135. (List will be posted, all you see in this Thread and more)...

We will sell it for $165,000.

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, Director
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things have changed,

Albeit in my favor........ As it turns out, right now my Wife is well and wants to carry on with the original plans of travel in our Bushtracker.

My plan is that our next trip will be Tasmania for a few months, probably leaving about November. I will be back to showing it in route, will keep you Posted. This van will still remain for sale if someone wants it, up to a point...

In all fairness, since my tow vehicle is so capable, my Wife wants a 23' with a larger lounge area that converts to a double bed, and more room in the galley for a lift out top to a full height kitchen rubbish bin in a full height counter cabinet, and a few other things. We would basically be building this van in a 23' format to accommodate a few extravagant extras. Long story short, we will consider the sale, based on the timing..

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a detailed discussion with my Wife last night, and another this morning with Staff, yes this Bushtracker is seriously for sale...

I am slotting in my 23' in Production right now, so I will take that one to Tasmania. So there is no time constraints: And my current van is for sale. The replacement costs total $192,484. It is nearly the record but not quite. It IS the most luxurious and well equipped Bushtracker to date, with everything, and then some, with a half dozen things that are new and innovative, and surprisingly all worked out well, I mean really well.

It presents as new, has traveled less than 10,000 kms, and will be delivered fully Serviced. The price is $165,000 for one of the top most luxurious and well equipped Bushtrackers ever built.

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, Director
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellooo Friends,

Before anyone takes a long drive or jumps on a plane to come here for this van, please call. I have two Parties seriously expressing interest, one in western NSW, and one in W.A. Here is a copy of my response to the second round of interest today...

Hello again XXXXX,
Steven Gibbs here, Director, Bushtracker,

XXXXX, I gave first right of refusal to someone in W.A. until his Wife gets home today or tomorrow. You both sound equally keen, but he expressed interest in it before you, and so to be fair he gets first shot. If he does not buy it or commit, then you could very well have a the few weeks you are talking about.

However, really it is up to you. If he does not take it, my advice is you drive to the nearest decent airport and fly here for the day. That is probably the best way to go about it. This is THE best equipped, and MOST luxurious Bushtracker ever built. I would say better luck next time but this one is unique. You might want to think about flying up if they have not committed by Wednesday or something OK?

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Party down, wrote in this morning:

Discussed at length last night with wife and have decided to wait for another 12 months due to overseas commitments and family travel. Basically we’re way for 10 of the next 12 months so it would just sit idle.
Will be in a BT sometime in the future, just not right now.
I would thank you for your really quick replies and honest answers. She is a beauty this one and I’m disappointed not to be getting her.
Thanks again, I’m sure it will go quickly.
Regards

So XXXXX, If you want it, my advice still holds. I would jump on a plane and come here for the day….

Let me know what you think….
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

I is reported to be SOLD. Congratulations to the new Owners, it is about the flashest and fanciest Bushtracker ever built... Certainly the most well equipped.

I am going up to a 23', but will not be able to have all the toys that this one has due to the weight factor.. They have a very nice van, I will miss it!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> NEW BUSHTRACKERS FOR SALE All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: