Our new power spare tyre loader, a new luxury invention

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Our new power spare tyre loader, a new luxury invention Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

Here is the latest of interesting inventions, to make a debut at the big Brisbane Caravan Show June 7-12: A “Power Spare Tyre Loader”… All credit for this idea goes to an Outback Legend Ed M…….n A Pioneer in the Outback, introducing and proving the Santa Gertrudis bloodline for beef cattle in Queensland, He is a LEGEND, and I am honored to know him. The reasoning behind it is we are getting a bit older, and loading and unloading heavy 4x4 tyres and wheels is getting harder… Hmmm…

This is a power activated 12 system, and it hoists and lowers the tyres from the normal mounting position on the front of the Bushtracker.

It is only silly on road caravan designs that put them on the rear where they encroach on the departure angle, and are too heavy to get them up high enough not to, and add to sway with the weight so far out on the polar ends, so this is still on the front mounting position pioneered by Bushtracker..

Now the simple design just means you roll it up to it and bolt it on. Conversely you just unbolt it and roll it away, as it lowers all the way down to the ground. It is lockable, and has safety features of an adjustable limit down to 2 kg that will stop the mechanism. This safety feature is adjustable, and is on hoisting or lowering: It will shut itself down encountering any obstruction.

Overall, I think this will be immensely popular with people that are suffering injury or physical impairment, or smaller physical stature that makes handling them a bit difficult. Is it necessary? No, this is a luxury, unless as I say someone is physically injured or challenged in some way. I mean even for those that are moderately physically challenged, this tyre cage structure shown below has a ramp, and is a lot cheaper. I designed this for all the right reasons, as I have some old injuries myself.. The side of the tyre cage is hinged down to act as a ramp, but it still take some physical strength to manoeuvre the tyre up into the carrier.

Now here is a summary of the choices: The “Power Spare Tyre Loader” would obviously be better and easier for everyone, but it is going to be a lot more expensive. It really comes down to two things: your financial position, and any physical impairment. If you are on a budget, and in good shape, stop reading now, it has been fun but “Happy Trails” as our standard mounting system works just fine. However, If you are not on a budget, and want the ease of Lifestyle then this is a consideration as Optional Equipment.

I mean if you are physically challenged, but only moderately so, then the cage and ramp tyre holder is an option, but this Power Wheel Carrier makes it easy. However: If you are more physically challenged, then this power loader is a real consideration as all you have to do is roll it into position and bolt it up.. !! It power lifts it into place and locks into position with a safety catch that is also a padlock fitting.. Easy loading and a fun toy to operate.

Come see us at the Brisbane Show, it will be on display and we are happy to demonstrate it. Our Thanks to Ed, the Legend, for his idea, for his invention…

Steven Gibbs, Director, Bushtracker
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many are curious about the speed and power...

It is quite a powerful system, but we can set the over ride shutdown to within a few kilos of the load. The speed is steady but not fast. Here in answer to your questions is a video of it in action, about the same speed raising or lowering:

https://youtu.be/_MkfqbaWd2E

I can tell you for sure, it will be on my new 23' van due the end of this year.. (I have to wait in line as well Laughing) My back is OK, I can lift heavy, but I pay for it for a week with a disc compression from living too hard... Sad

Kind regards, Director, Bushtracker
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew reports from the Brisbane Super Show, it is a big hit for current Bushtracker Owners...

We are going to have to work on a mass produced price for retrofit...
It was designed to exactly replace the original, but what a lot of work !

Price is going to be an issue, it is not going to be cheap. Nice, but not cheap..

Sort of like me.. he heh Laughing
Condinup

State:: WA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Looks good, maybe look into a standard fitup with both a powered and non powered pivoting arangement optional. Just an idea.

Re
Mg
tc1

State:: ACT
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve - Looks good - What are the added weight differences between the three systems. Cheers Tony
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condinup,
With the weight of the mechanism and hardware, and the friction of the pivot point added to a heavy 4x4 tyre and wheel, it would be too heavy for most. It really has to be powered..

Tc1,
There would be no significant weight difference in any of them...

Regards, Steven Gibbs
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are now available from new,

OR a retro-fit..... In stock due to demand. They will also be on my new Bushtracker due in October for all the right reasons. I can lift and carry a heavy 4x4 tyre and wheel, but I would pay for it with lower back pain for a week.

I qualify...

Regards, Steven Gibbs, Director
andrebb

State:: QLD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very handy. I'm thinking of getting one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: