Director, Good Will Ambassador, on the road to help...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Director, Good Will Ambassador, on the road to help... Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

I am going to go down the long way to Melbourne, first week or so in December, and on to Tasmania.

You have to have us actually "Sight" the van in an Inspection for a VIN plate
Mod and approval now, I can no longer do it off pictures. If you need this Inspection, I will have a portable office in my Bushtracker, and you can meet me down the track. Sort of along the route, Queensland to Melbourne inland through Tamworth, Dubbo, and on.

Poking along, I will be in no hurry, sort of 5 days to Melbourne and on to Tassie on the 11th. If this solves your problems getting the Inspection for the VIN Plate upgrade on ATM, or the Inspection for the Manufacturers Tow Capacity upgrade through Lovells, or just an ATM increase to 4000 because you can... Then respond to sales@bushtracker.com and we can link up. I am happy to do this for you along the track and for a couple of months if you are in Tasmania... "On the road with the Ranger".. I will be starting to take trips north, south, and west.. This trip sort of December to February. The next trip will be an Expedition DVD filming trip out west in August.. Stay in touch if you would like this assistance OK?

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, Director, HVRAS Officer, Queensland Transport and Bushtracker
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am leaving for a leisurely jaunt down to Tasmania in about two weeks. You can also take advantage of this by meeting me to get a quote, or diagnostics, or possible troubleshooting...

I don't mind taking a break along the way to help you out, saving the long trip up here. For example, while this one does not work as he is waaay out of the way and in storage... A good example is below. Note that for you Owners really isolated in Tasmania, I will be there for two months, all over the place..

Example below:
I was trying to get an idea rather than take it up there, get a price, bring it back, wait, take it up there again, fly back, fly up x weeks later, bring it back. I’d prefer to put the $ onto contingency for work.
How hard is it to get an idea of the core bits as below. Enough to say yes and lock in a trip for these items, with the idea to look/confirm the other when it is there. If it’s much different it’s more $ or we just don’t do it.
I can send photos.

Key needs
Suspension. Sounds like replace the leaf spring packs and pivot blocks with an updated set.
Grey water tank is fine as an idea. We have one ‘space’ at the back, all 5 tanks run from the front i.e. are forward. It is an easy drop out of the shower (traditional 18’ layout, back right side, no sink) and into a new tank re location. This assumes it’s not an issue supporting the tank right at the back.

Can you price for the suspension? I’ll take the grey water as an estimate. I can’t get a photo at the moment as it’s stored not locally.

He wanted a lot more, refrigeration upgrade and so on, you get the idea...
I am here to help, lone Ranger on the road..
Wink Cool
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all your kind words
And notes of appreciation to sales@bushtracker.com

However, this is just my "hobby gone mad" and I do not mind lending a hand at all. Really, even trouble shooting or having a look, I am happy to be of a help...

I am sorry, that some of you are on the coast and I do not have the time to make that big of a detour. My Wife has a major medical problem and may need spinal surgery, so on this trip I cannot detour that far. I am taking the inland route bypassing Sydney and the coast, Tamworth, Dubbo and south.

Thank you for the invites to stay on your properties and all the words of appreciation, but on this trip at least on the way down I am a bit handicapped. On a Schedule, for time as well. I will Post this Thread on my return from Tasmania in February, and may be able to chart the course better, based on your responses and requests..

Kind regards, on the Road Ranger
ripsoccer

State:: Nsw
Current Bushtracker owner:: Ordered
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Director, Good Will Ambassador, on the road to help... Reply with quote

Hi Steve

Our caravan is a 20’ new november 2016, rated at 3500kg with simplicity suspension.
My 200 series 2016 cruiser is rated at 3850kg with an ARB upgrade from new.
My question can the van be upgraded to the 3850kg easily without any modification?(if not what modifications do I need?)
I may be able to meet you next week somewhere around Dubbo.

Regards Martin
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Director, Good Will Ambassador, on the road to help... Reply with quote

ripsoccer wrote:
Hi Steve

Hello, my answers in bold in the context of your questions:

Our caravan is a 20’ new november 2016, rated at 3500kg with simplicity suspension. That would be a 4000 kg suspension, that spring packs can be upgraded to 4000 if they are not that way already so that is no problem.

My 200 series 2016 cruiser is rated at 3850kg with an ARB upgrade from new.
OK, now here is a problem. Don't be offended, but you are getting two things a bit mixed up. I say don't be offended, because with the 1 in 50 who get the bad news and want to argue, sometimes those that don't get the answer they wanted or want to argue call me "Arrogant" or "Rude" when they just don't like the answer.. Laughing

Unfortunately: You are confusing your GVM (that is the ARB upgrade to 3850 kg) you are confusing that with the Manufacturers Tow Capacity, which is still 3500 kg...

My question can the van be upgraded to the 3850kg easily without any modification? Sorry, short answer NO.. (if not what modifications do I need?) Look, ARB do not offer a Manufacturers Towing Capacity Upgrade. It is easy to upgrade the ATM of the Van (loaded weight) but not the tow vehicle towing capacity. Now correct me if I am wrong, but it would be completely new from ARB and I have not heard of it, so 99% here, sorry. Sad

There is only one Company that increases the Towing Capacity, and that is Lovells. In your case this is really bad news as you have to get the GVM upgrade on the tow vehicle like you just got from ARB, only from Lovells only, before they will upgrade the towing capacity too... Sorry, don't hate the Messenger like some small minded people do. I always try to be helpful, only the small minded would call me arrogant mostly because they don't like the message.. Or I don't agree with them..
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I could meet you next week somewhere around Dubbo.
You still could if you wanted to meet up for me to see something else, inspect something, but I don't think if worth the trip. Unfortunately you should have gotten the Lovell's GVM upgrade so you could get the Towing Capacity increase. All up about the $8500 mark.. I would say impractical now unless someone wanted to BUY your ARB suspension. Best I can do..

Kind regards, on the road Ranger

Regards Martin

Last edited by Bushtracker on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
peripatetic

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an MY17 LC200 and 20‘ BT.

The last time I looked ARB do a 3580Kg GVM upgrade, Lovell do a 3850, easy to confuse the two.

I had the Lovell 3850 done and with the BT supplied 5T hitch ezy I got my LC 200 4T BTC upgrade for $1700, as approved by a NSW Authorised inspector, that Bushtracker put me in touch with btw.

As I recall no other changes were required, so it’s purely an administrative thing once you have the 3850 upgrade and the right hitch.

The inspector eye balls the rig, takes some photos, [may ask you to send him some] , asks a few questions, gives you the certificate, you get the rego updated, job finished. Aus wide btw.

Lovells were talking big numbers as the cowboy has intimated, total rip of if you ask me given the changes [none] required.

The next step for me is the get the BT ATM uplifted to 4T, planning to do that when I visit Kunda park early next year to get some warranty work done.
Grumpy

State:: Qld
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find the Lovell’s GVM Upgrade is 3800kg.
Correct me if I am wrong but the ropes Lovell’s had to go through to have their 4000kg BTC upgrade approved by relevant authorities were substantial thus the cost involved and as far as I know they alone are approved to conduct this upgrade. Included in the upgrade is the HitchEzy and the heavy duty Hayman Reese WDH as well as compliance plates etc.

Again I may be wrong but a BTC upgrade by anyone else, especially at the cost suggested may not be legal? I would be checking with relevant transport authorities, and also your insurer.
peripatetic

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, 3800Kg it is, I stand corrected.

Wrt to the certification process, the relevant transport authorities have approved the certification, which includes NSW roads who have issued an updated rego.

It’s not a vendor thing, this has to be vendor agnostic, it’s an engineering statement from a qualified engineer.

The approval process may require that certain components are from a certified source – maybe Lovell.

That’s my take on it.
ripsoccer

State:: Nsw
Current Bushtracker owner:: Ordered
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Director, Good Will Ambassador, on the road to help... Reply with quote

Hi Steve
Thank you for you detailed response, the lovell's up grade was not available when I purchased the car, so be it. I do not want to go down the 4000kg upgrade, I am happy with the 3850 for the car.
I am interested on what I have to do to upgrade the plates on the van to 3850 the same as the car, the extra 350kg will be piece of mind & it brings the van in line with the 200 series.

Regards Martin
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Director, Good Will Ambassador, on the road to help... Reply with quote

ripsoccer wrote:
Hi Steve
Thank you for you detailed response, the lovell's up grade was not available when I purchased the car, so be it. I do not want to go down the 4000kg upgrade, I am happy with the 3850 for the car.
I am interested on what I have to do to upgrade the plates on the van to 3850 the same as the car, the extra 350kg will be piece of mind & it brings the van in line with the 200 series.

Regards Martin

Sorry Martin,
No offence: But You still don't get it.... Please re-read my answer to your first request. You cannot do the 3850 ATM (Aggregate Trailer Mass). I am sorry, but you are still confusing GVM which is total loaded weight of your Landcruiser, with the Maximum Towing capacity of your Landcruiser which is only 3500 kg.

Please re-read my original response, as you are not quite up to speed yet on this. We cannot up the ATM of your Bushtracker to 3850 kg, because you are only legal to tow 3500 kg. Please tell me where you need further clarification OK? I think the coincidence of a common number of 3580 kg is confusing you, when it is two completely different things The GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) being upgraded by ARB to 3580, has NO BEARING on your maximum towing capacity... OK? They are two different things.

Even though we could raise the ATM of the Bushtracker to 3850 kg, to account for the 350 kg on the ball of your Landcruiser, this relates ONLY to the van itself and its ATM. You cannot do it with your Landcruiser, because you are rated to tow ONLY 3500 kg right now, including the ball weight and weight on the ground..

Possible re-read that first response, and tell me where I am not clear on this OK? Some people think I am repetitive, but here is the example of why. I have to explain things a couple of different ways to get through to everyone. No offense intended, but you missed the point a little OK?

I would be happy to meet with you on this trip, if an inspection could do this for a new VIN Plate, but this cannot be accomplished with your current equipment..

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, Director
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be leaving Thursday for a leisurely run down to Melbourne, and can detour or meet up OK?

My Wife needs spinal surgery, is a bit mobility handicapped, so She is going to fly to Melbourne and meet up with me. We will see Tasmania in short jaunts, and possible wheelchair work around the docks and such. My gold fossicking will keep me busy on treasure hunts while she is resting up and doing her mobility exercises.. All good. Life is just like this, you take it in stride. Anyway I will be on a leisurely run and can make time.

You are down to the last 24 hours to contact me: That is if you want me to detour on the inland route of Warrick, Tamworth, Dalby, Shepperton type of route, or meet me along the way for an ATM increase inspection.

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, Director, HVRAS Officer, Queensland Transport..
HVRAS (Heavy Vehicle Registration Assessment Scheme), training and schooling gives me the ability and permission to do this for you..
Wink
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be in Hobart for the next ten days if any of you want to hook up for an Inspection or Diagnostics, advice, or whatever. Contact me at sales@bushtracker.com

I will be in Hobart, for Christmas, New Years Eve, and the arrival of the Sydney Hobart Race and receptions..

I check the email every day, about twice a day, so any of you in Tasmania can catch up very easily with me in Hobart for the next 8 days or so..
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While in Hobart,
I have met up with two Bushtracker Owners. If you need my help for some kind of troubleshooting, or upgrade to ATM, or what ever I can help with:
I will be here in Hobart a couple of more days, then heading north..

It will be a little harder to catch up in lakes and mountains country...

On person caught up today, what a wonderful catch he brought by from diving..

Somehow I think we are not going hungry! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: