TOYOTA 4000kg TOWING CAPACITY WITH HITCH-EZY
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips on TOW VEHICLES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjfollyfarm

State:: Western Australia
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John,

You are almost certainly correct & I was aware of this, even though intuitively it looks a safer option to me.

However, a Lovells Sales Manager has told me that they plan to release โ€œtheir ownโ€ (made by someone else) fully tested 4T WDS that will replace the currently used HR 1200lb flat bar system. This is supposed to happen in the next month or so & will hopefully solve the problem, albeit at even more cost in my case.........๐Ÿ˜Ž
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

You want me to comment, but I cannot really comment more, than what I have said.. Reece, the parent Company in America that Eric Hayman imported, Reece have the heavy duty drop bars. That allows the hitch to be mounted on top and still plenty of clearance under for the drop bars...

We have requested that Lovells do that ADR on what is already available, for about a year to no avail. Here the only drop bars are the 800 lb set, and the 1200 lb drop bars are what is required for the Lovells upgrade and higher potential ball weight.

I cannot advise what is technically illegal. I don't know who would catch it, but I cannot advise what to do in this case.. Beside get a Dodge Ram. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hopefully Lovells will come around to it on their own.

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, Director and the "Mad Inventor" at Bushtracker
pjfollyfarm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

My question was not about legality of a particular Lovells system. I know that is my personal responsibility.

My question was is 100 to 110mm nose down a bit too much for a 20ft Bushtracker with about 300kg on the ball being towed by a 200 series Landcruiser, or would I be better to adjust it back up to around 50-60mm nose down?

What is your recommended ideal position range for safer towing? No liability intended, just an opinion based on your wide experience of many vehicles and vans..........
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good PJ,

I only say 75 mm down in the front from new, because the van and suspension will settle in 25 mm. The actual figure, settled in and loaded, is 50 mm down in the front which you can hardly see...

Off hand I do not know of any disadvantage of 100 mm down in the front, other than cosmetics, it could look a bit too extreme.

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, Director
pjfollyfarm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciated Steve,

Sound advice........
barra

State:: South Australia
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Lovells Up-grade Reply with quote

Hi Fellow Bushtrackers,
I am posting this message to assist with anyone considering upgrade to the full Lovells conversion. A brief history. We purchased our Bushtracker in 2011 with all the extras known to man! and because our tow vehicle was a 2500 Dodge Ram we up graded the compliance to the van to 4 ton. In 2013 we decided the Ram was to big for our needs and purchased a 200 series VX land cruiser with the ARB suspension upgrade which took the GVM from 3300 to 3540. Every thing was fine and we had no problems. We have just recently purchased a new 200 series VX Land cruiser and decided to do the full Lovells conversion prior to registration. The Land Cuiser was easy but the Van created a few problems with the setup. After a few visits with installer and consultation with Lovells a solution was found as to can see by the photo's.
I hope this helps.

Kind regards Trevor_[img][/img]

Last edited by barra on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with most Lovells Installers is:
They just do not know how to set up the van properly....

Anyone that is close, usually brings the van to us to have it done right. Then they take it back to the Lovells Installer to get the final paperwork completed.

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, Director Wink
niknoff

State:: WA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Lovells Up-grade Reply with quote

barra wrote:
Hi Fellow Bushtrackers, In 2013 we decided the Ram was to big for our needs and purchased a 200 series VX land cruiser with the ARB suspension upgrade which took the GVM from 3300 to 3540. Every thing was fine and we had no problems. We have just recently purchased a new 200 series VX Land cruiser and decided to do the full Lovells conversion prior to registration.

Kind regards Trevor

Gโ€™day Trev & Deb, itโ€™s been a few years .. about time you updated your blog.

Very Happy

You were one of the 1st to go the Ram way, interesting to hear your now using a 200. We will have to catch up again when weโ€™re next in Adelaide.

Regards
07' 19' BushTracker
2015 VX 200, 3800kg GVM Upgrade
barra

State:: South Australia
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Lovell's up-grade Reply with quote

Hi Mick and Vickie
Great to hear from you guys. We are just back from a trip with Jar, Pete and Dr John. You came up in conversation all good! When your in Adelaide give us a call to catch up. I will work on the blog.

Trev and Deb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips on TOW VEHICLES All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: