Outside attached fold up table

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denise McGahen

State:: NSW
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject: Outside attached fold up table Reply with quote

Hi all we are wanting to put an outside fold up table on our bushtracker. Does any one have any recomandations? Thank you in advance. Denise
Loki of Condor

State:: WA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This brand.

http://nomadicsolutions.com.au/

It's what BT currently use. I fitted one to a previous van. Fairly straight forward.
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will help you a lot if you learn how to use the SEARCH engine on the Forum. There is a whole Topic on this in the R&D Category of the Owners section. Here is the best metal framed table with matching insert to the body armour. On my own new Show van it is mounted on the water tight door... Here, copied from the Owners Section:

I like it...

The biggest savings is it just folds down, no more hassles stowing it away.

It is a tad lower than I would like, but OK for outdoor use sitting around with chairs, and it looks good! At a distance it looks a bit like a hatch with matching checkerplate...

Then up close you can see it protrudes out about as far as the rubber mould around the wheelwell, but not as far as the water tight door...

Up close it folds down into a table.

Here it is on the water tight door on my new Show van... Best picture I
can get on my IPhone here at midnight:

Regards from Cowboy...
Cloughy

State:: SA
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good but agree maybe a little low.

How would a draw style table go; i.e. pulls out on runners. It could then be mounted higher. Not sure where it would go when closed though...perhaps just under a cupboard shelf??
Loki of Condor

State:: WA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all you want is a table, then maybe a roll out table made out of multiple alloy slats like the top of those camping tables, or a roll top desk.

It certainly wouldn't take up much room when stowed away in a roll.
Shongololo

State:: QL
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Outside attached fold up table Reply with quote

Denise McGahen wrote:
Hi all we are wanting to put an outside fold up table on our bushtracker. Does any one have any recomandations? Thank you in advance. Denise

Here is another idea: Our stainless steel table is 1150mmx350mm, and attaches in exactly the same type of rail as the cafe dining table inside. It is mounted at 930mm above the ground, and is very sturdy. It sets up in seconds. The triangular supports are hinged, so fold flat for storage. It was probably custom manufactured by South East Stainless ( info@southeaststainless.com.au Factory 110 Enterprise Street, Kunda Park, QLD 4556). Pictures attached.

Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A comment for you from the lone Ranger,

Southeast Stainless is very booked up, doing hospital work these days..

We almost always put on the "Lifestyle" table as shown above on my van. However, we still have some of those stainless tables in stock. We can usually beat Southeast Stainless, as if they are busy they put on a premium to gear up for a one off job. But further to that we often order things in like 10 lots or more and get them discounted.

Anyway, I have lived with one of those stainless tables on my horse float, still have it there. On my new Bushtracker I have the fold up locking Lifestyle
table...

Not that there is much wrong with the stainless one, bit fiddly, mostly that it is a little bit heavy and awkward to stow away, where the Lifestyle table just folds up in place... Anyway if anyone wants them send email to Bushtracker.

Kind regards, Director
Roachie

State:: SA
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who want a higher table height, would it be feasible to combine the benefits of both of the ideas mentioned above?

I'm thinking of a stainless steel table hinged at the TOP and with 2 of the triangular fold-in legs to support the table in the UP position.

It would just be a case of working out how to secure the table in the DOWN/closed position with one or 2 of those push-in locks.

Just thinking outside the square (or rectangle as the case may be!! hahaha).

Roachie
cruiserpete

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just made up some brackets to put the waterproof door to work when parked .

Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roachie wrote:

I'm thinking of a stainless steel table hinged at the TOP and with 2 of the triangular fold-in legs to support the table in the UP position.

Roachie

That was one of our early designs, and fell by the wayside years ago as better ideas came along. I think I have even seen a couple of them still in stock. I had one myself about ten years ago. It does work OK, in our case it was removable and stored away.

All these things are possible, and are done in the design process. You would have the opportunity to select them when you come for your visit here to Bushtracker.

Kind regards, Director
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: