TRY BEFORE COMMITTING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petere

State:: NSW
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: TRY BEFORE COMMITTING Reply with quote

Looking to buy a Bushtracker van. Around 20-22’
Based Sydney area.
There seem to be endless decisions to make.
Would anyone be interested in swapping time in top quality oceanfront holiday property for similar time in a top quality Bushtracker van?
I wouldn’t think any more than 10 days in two or three tranches would be necessary.
If anyone’s interested I could start by supplying internet details of properties and maybe go from there
datama

State:: WA
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petere,
You may find that any BT owner may potentially run into insurance issues doing what is suggested. But then that has to be their choice.

Regards,
Dave,
Loki of Condor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect to the OP, if someone offered me 3 days in a rented apartment, and I give them my BT for 3 days, I would suspect SCAM.
2Jays

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Properties in Nigeria?
Petere

State:: NSW
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those responses startled me a little, particularly the mention of scam and Nigeria.
I hadn’t considered insurance aspects. Obviously the rental properties carry their own insurance but vans could be different.
For those out there who aren’t sceptics the offer was genuine.
That said, if my attempt to try before I buy is a dead duck any suggestions would be welcome.
Cheers
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Petere,
Director of Bushtracker here, Steven Gibbs

In 22 years, rental ideas like this has never been done for a few reasons:

1) Your Tow Vehicle has to be set up properly, adjustable height hitch with the WDH. Depending on the van, possibly suspension upgrades and the rest.

2) Your tow vehicle would also have to be wired properly, and if the van is Lithium based also have to have an ignition feed to the 12 pin plug to wake up the DC to DC charger. Normal wiring diagrams are useless. You have to have larger wire for the 12" commercial brakes, and a brake controller for one...

3) These are full Custom Built for the Individual and very personal. I mean even if you presented with the proper tow vehicle, with suspension upgrades, wired to do the job, special insurance and so on? I would NOT RENT out my personal van for ten days for $10,000.

It is just not going to happen. You need to do a lot more investigation, and come to Bushtracker for a visit to understand more of what we offer. This is not just a little stock common van off a lot somewhere. Some of these vans have $50,000 or more in specialized equipment on board for luxury and self-sufficiency, and I don't think anyone is going to just rent one to you even if you had a proper tow vehicle that was equipped for the job...

In ten days you would barely learn how to operate the van successfully and safely. Just not going to happen..

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, Director
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: