GPS Tracker EZY2C

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfy53

State:: QLD
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: GPS Tracker EZY2C Reply with quote

Has anyone had any make of GPS tracker installed on their van for security? If so, what brand and are you happy with it.
Roachie

State:: SA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in the process of doing this as we speak.

I've bought a Gator GTrack4G, but haven't got around to fitting it yet. I want to do some "live testing" first, by adding a temporary cigi lighter plug and placing it on the dash of my shopping trolley (RAV4). This will give me an idea of how accurate and reliable it might be.

The next issue is placement. This unit doesn't have provision for an external antenna.....as such I have a bit of buyer remorse.

However, I will persevere..... I plan to mount it inside a sealed plastic electrical junction box and install it behind the genie box (on top of the diesel heater tank, which is encased in an attached aluminium box).

It will be wired (as discreetly as possible) down to the wiring that leads to the electric steps (always live).

Roachie
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: GPS Tracker EZY2C Reply with quote

surfy53 wrote:
Has anyone had any make of GPS tracker installed on their van for security? If so, what brand and are you happy with it.

Hey "Cool Surfy Dude" Laughing
Of course it never hurts to play with toys... Laughing

But in 23 years of Bushtracker, to my knowledge, there has never been one stolen! They look to distinctive, and have unique hitches, and rare electrical hook ups, I think it is too daunting. Now a Burglar alarm that calls your IPhone, now that is attractive, and the direction I am headed in. It will integrate with the battery charging system and also allow you to call your van to check up on the Lithium battery status. Coming in 2019, stay tuned to the R&D section... !! Idea Wink

Kind regards, stg, Mad Scientist at Bushtracker.. Laughing Cool
Searenity

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
in line with Steve's thinking, two things -

[1] has anyone considered using their old iPhone etc. as a security device.

Have a look at the "iSentry" app from the iPhone store - a free app.

Basically it has a user adjustable movement sensor capability which can initiate photo or video capture and forward an eMail to a nominated address of your choosing when movement is detected. Naturally an active SIM card is required - a $20 per month Telstra prepaid will do the trick. Definitely something to consider.

[2] using the international personal tracker SPOT - a very capable bit of kit with multiple uses including real time tracking of people and vehicles including caravans. Too many features to list however it is worth a visit to the SPOT websote - https://au.findmespot.com/en/

cheers

Searenity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: