ANNE BEADELL HIGHWAY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anfran

State:: NSW
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: ANNE BEADELL HIGHWAY Reply with quote

Hi - in a months time we are thinking of driving the Anne Beadell Highway pulling our 20ft. Bushtracker. We will set out from Coober Pedy and end up in Laverton. Has anyone done this track pulling their Bushtracker and how was the experience. I am especially concerned about comments I have read about the narrowness of the track i.e. might dent the van or pull off the awning.
Would appreciate any comments.
FA
jimbo1

State:: Queensland
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Anne Beadell Hwy Reply with quote

Hi my wife and I travelled the Anne Beadell back in 2012 with a camper trailer and would suggest that from that experience I wouldn’t attempt it towing a 20 ft BT. A lot of the road is very narrow and corrugated with over hanging trees and scrub and would certainly give the van some pretty nasty pin striping. Also there are plenty of Sandunes to cross, quite steep and with very soft sand and deep ruts.
It is definitely a great adventure scenery is amazing and we were lucky to do it after a good wet season, and I would love to do it again but not towing our
Bushtracker.
Regards Jim
anfran

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much Jim - will take your advice and not cross the track with the BT. Its a shame but we will do other tracks more suitable and not requiring 4 permits to cross. Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: