Caravan dust pressure systems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terryf

State:: NSW
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: Caravan dust pressure systems Reply with quote

Can anyone give me some feedback on their air pressure system to prevent dust entering the van
datama

State:: WA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Terry,
Bit surprised, we have never had dust inside our BT, as BT’s are generally well renown for being dust free.
Just where are you getting dust in?

We place a piece of 6mm double sided aluminium insulation (which is actually a soft flexible version of corflute with aluminium foil on each face, used for between walls insulation on some types of houses) between the outside door and inside screen door, just to provide a barrier ...and we have the aluminium waterproof door closed always) but we have never had any dust inside our van, even before we even started to place it there.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/project-panel-white-corflute_p0390160

Hope that may help.
Terryf

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject: Caravan dust Reply with quote

We also do that but if you have a tinny on top of your car you create a low pressure system behind the car which lets dust in.We have been to a lot of places over the last 8 years and still get dust in the van.I rang Bushtracker when this first happened on a trip from Mareeba through Chillagoe to the gulf and down to Karumba.They said you must have a tinny on top which I did and suggested putting a foam seal around the moon roof and 4 seasons hatch.We also get dust in the cupboard under the fridge and stove.
I have been looking at getting a pressure system to combat this and was wondering if someone else has fitted one.
Thanks
Darjak

State:: QUEENSLAND
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Dust in van Reply with quote

Terryf
We have been full time travelling in van with tinnie on top since 2007.
It sounds like your problem might be sealant in the wheel arch on top of the subframe happen to us, do the foam in the 4 season hatch and other than that never have had a problem even in talcum powder bulldust.

Darjak
Almeister

State:: Wa
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: Caravan dust Reply with quote

Terryf wrote:
Cel fi installation supply data cabling installation Western Australia sale and supply service cel fi pixelpac
We also do that but if you have a tinny on top of your car you create a low pressure system behind the car which lets dust in.We have been to a lot of places over the last 8 years and still get dust in the van.I rang Bushtracker when this first happened on a trip from Mareeba through Chillagoe to the gulf and down to Karumba.They said you must have a tinny on top which I did and suggested putting a foam seal around the moon roof and 4 seasons hatch.We also get dust in the cupboard under the fridge and stove.
I have been looking at getting a pressure system to combat this and was wondering if someone else has fitted one.
Thanks

This sort of understanding of your own product is reassuring
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: