Caravan plywood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carr Ind Eng

State:: VIC
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Caravan plywood Reply with quote

Hello, I am looking for a supplier of caravan plywood to replace the water damaged piece at the front of my 20' bushtracker. Any help in finding the correct material would be a great help.
wylaway

State:: Victoria
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your paneling is the original oak look then it is "Neo Oak" and I suspect the only source will be Bushtracker. The manufacturer ceased production about 18 months, 2 years ago and Bushtracker purchased available supplies to service their clients. I understand they estimated supplies would only last about 2 years so it might be difficult to get supplies. Suggest you call Bushtracker to understand current situation.

You could speak to Michael at Epsom Palms Caravan World or Paul out at Morang who may also be able to give you advice.

Peter
wylaway

State:: Victoria
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carr Ind Eng
Perhaps I should have clarified my previous comment regarding local contacts. I noted you are from Lockwood South and I lived there for 3 years and I store my van at Maiden Gully and therefore I am very familiar with caravan people around Bendigo. Paul is of-course from Central Victorian Caravan Repairs in Marong.

Peter
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Caravan plywood Reply with quote

Carr Ind Eng wrote:
Hello, I am looking for a supplier of caravan plywood to replace the water damaged piece at the front of my 20' bushtracker. Any help in finding the correct material would be a great help.

If you want the right help on this Forum, you need to give the year of your Bushtracker, and if possible a picture of what you are talking about...

If you mean the interior panneling: Some of the panelling was "White Teak" in the early years, some was "Denny Ash" and in the last 15 years the most common was the "Neo Oak". These are the only panels in Australia that came with a polyester finish so you could wipe them down and clean them. All the others are a paper finish that goes bad with any cleaning over time...

Always give the year of Bushtracker, as technology and availability varied over the 25 years of our continuous Production...

One more thing: WELCOME TO THE FORUM, POST NUMBER ONE.. !
Carr Ind Eng

State:: VIC
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for your info. The bushtracker is a 2005 20'. I have attached a picture of the plywood I'm chasing.[img][/img]

Cheers Chris
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again Chris,

The colour does not come through very well on the Post, but I am guessing that is "Neo Oak" kind of a match to the Lacquered Tassie Oak..

Anyway, yes we have a problem. With the current conditions we can no longer get that panel. It is of the very rare polyester resin finish and cleanable, the best, but no longer available.

Yes we do have a small amount of stock left from the Supplier, we bought all they had, but we cannot sell it. It has to be reserved for our Insurance Work.

You might try around locally for panel to match, someone else may have some stock or maybe a match in the normal paper finish panelling. Sorry, but no, we cannot sell it.

Best of luck with that search..

Kind regards, Director, Bushtracker...
Sutton2606 hi

State:: ACT
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: caravan ply Reply with quote

the ply is now available from
https://www.gen-eco.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Caravan-Ply-Fact-Sheet.pdf
also from Janden wood products
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: