RAM 2500 digital Rear View Mirror to BT rear camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chapple

State:: ACT
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: RAM 2500 digital Rear View Mirror to BT rear camera Reply with quote

I have upgraded from LC200 to RAM 2500, latest model, and would like to connect my BT rear camera to the RAM digital rear view mirror. RAM marketing material and YouTube suggest this is possible so that when Tow Mode is selected the video from tow vehicle is shown on rear view mirror. Local RAM dealer knows it is possible but does not know how to do it.

My question is have any of you tried this and if successful can you share the secret.
Thanks
Garry
GavinHelen

State:: QLD
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Garry,

Advanced Ice are a company in Brisbane who install a Hema Navigation System in RAMS and this system as well links with the BT Rear Camera, works well.

Regards,

Gavin.
900A/H 980W
3600 Tare 4490 ATM
2020 RAM 3500 Mega Cab Limited DRW 6350kg GVM & 14400kg GCM
Chapple

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gavin, thanks for the reply. Do you know if they connect to the rear view mirror in the RAM or a Hema screen. I have mine working with my old rear view mirror from LC but having 2 rear view mirrors is a bit silly. I would really like it integrated with RAMs mirror.
Cheers
GavinHelen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through the Main Display/Screen. I believe they have demonstration Videos on their website.
900A/H 980W
3600 Tare 4490 ATM
2020 RAM 3500 Mega Cab Limited DRW 6350kg GVM & 14400kg GCM
LJTracker

State:: Qld
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I installed one of these on a 2018 model and added the van camera and a front camera. You can the toggle between all cameras.
http://www.customtronix.com/webshop/?doing_wp_cron=1637352051.3448090553283691406250
LJTracker

State:: Qld
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I installed one of these on a 2018 model and added the van camera and a front camera. You can the toggle between all cameras.
http://www.customtronix.com/webshop/?doing_wp_cron=1637352051.3448090553283691406250
The Hob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the answer you seek. However I fully support your idea of having the rear view in your mirror full time as you had and I have in a 200 series. While many dash units will give you rear vision by switching surely this is no where near as safe as full time vision in the rear vision mirror rather than occasionally switching from navigation to rear view on the dash by switching to see if anything is behind you.

I find even with clearview mirrors some players can sit right behind the van with no visibility in mirrors. Rear view camera is a must and it is needed fulltime
Chapple

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to The Hob. I could not have said it more succinctly. In the short term I have the Parkmate rear view mirror from my previous LC sitting in the centre of the top of the dash and it is working pretty well. RAM installed a wire for me from trailer plug to dash so I could connect my old system as an interim solution. However, the cable run was simply a battery wire rather than video cable so the signal is a bit noisy. However this works and I have the visibility I was used to. In the mean time I will keep researching as I know it can be done, the question is how. When, and if, I find a solution I will post it here.
ponce

State:: sa
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Rear camera Reply with quote

Chapple,
I have the advanceIce system in the 200 (2020) landcruiser and I can run Picture in picture on screen with the rear camera over navigation maps. Great system for me.
Ponce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: