Omegalec replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkA

State:: West Australia
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Omegalec replacement Reply with quote

I am going to replace an omegalec bc-192 with an EPRO 31260 to keep 4 x 120 amp AGMs topped up in my 2009 BT.I am pretty sure I am ok with most of it except running wires to remote in cupboard above table ,just wondering if anybody has done this and whether pulling wires through is much of a scene or maybe I might get real lucky and use existing plugs/wire Confused
Roachie

State:: SA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say there would be zero chance of being able to pull the wires through.....they are well run through proper channeling within the frame and there would be too much friction to allow them to come through.

I'd reckon you'd be far better advised to utilise the existing cabling, altering the end plugs if need be.

Good luck.

Roachie
Rosiebear

State:: Qld
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunnings have a plastic quad molding with self adhesive back and timber grain finish it would not look out of place in the corner return running up from the seat to the overhead cupboard.

Or you could route out some 19mm x 25mm flat tassie oak with a 12-14mmDx20mmW channel and run that up the wall from the seat to the cupboard. Spray with satin varnish. screw to wall with some fine 25mmx10 -12g cs screws.
0417 007298
Bill

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By coincidence, I swapped over my 60 amp Enerdrive charger this morning. It had an issue and Enerdrive kindly replaced it ... they offer great technical back up which I appreciate. I don't think the remote is necessary. You can see what is occurring from both the ePro and the charger itself. BT did not fit a remote with this unit but as you have probably noticed there is a port on the left bottom where a phone style fitting snaps in for use with the remote monitor. I think Roachies comments are correct - it would be tough to pull through.
Rosiebear

State:: Qld
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would never get them up the wall behind the paneling, but there are visually acceptable methods to do it discretely externally. I put the remote for the projecta charger up the rear seat, right back corner, to just under the overhead on the front face of the shower wall so its facing forward where I can see it, the remote for the projecta inverter is beside it, no dramas putting the cable ends through, just needed the right size hole in the corner the seat base. It runs up through a timber strip as described in my last post. The 2,000 watt inverter is in the overhead above the rear dinette seat adjacent to the 240V breakers. The battery cables come up the same strip. The timber strip was made and installed by BT when they did the inverter install for me.
0417 007298
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all guessing.... Thank you for trying to help, but....

21 years of progressive models of Bushtracker...'It is not a "one size fits
all" situation.. If this Owner wants specific help, he needs to learn to put these kinds of question in the Owners Section where they belong, and we will share Proprietary knowledge with you appropriately..

Kind regards, Mad Scientist and Inventor, Director of Bushtracker...
MarkA

State:: West Australia
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Omegalec replacement Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the help guys hopefully I can use the existing wires as suggested ,I better do like I am told by the boss and put into correct section ,once again thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: